Nominations to School-Family Partnerships Advisory Committee are still open.
Seattle Public Schools is accepting nominations to its School-Family Partnerships Advisory Committee to the Superintendent.
• News release
• Description and charge
• Invitation letter
• Nomination forms (pdf and Word)
At Seattle Public Schools, we recognize that when families are engaged in their children's education they achieve higher grades, have better attendance and behavior, complete more homework, and demonstrate a more positive attitude toward education. We are proud of the diversity of our students and families. We believe that building meaningful, authentic and culturally-inclusive partnerships with our families and their communities is the best way to ensure our students' success in school, careers and lifeFamilies can be involved in many ways.
- Ask your school's principal how you can get involved in your school's Family Engagement Action Team (FEAT).
- Parent-Teacher conferences give families and teachers the opportunity to share information, solve problems, and establish relationships that directly contribute to student success. Find out how you can make the most of the Parent-Teacher Conference with your child's teacher.
- Learn about the Source, a tool for communication among teachers, students and their families.
- Join the School Family Partnerships (SFP) Advisory Committee, which advises the Superintendent on SFP Policy and Procedures.
- Find out if your school has a PTSA and how you can be involved.
- We have put together a list of suggestions on how families can help with their children's learning at home and at school, based on the Six Types of Family Engagement.
Click on the following links to view the Seattle Public Schools' Family Engagement Policy, Procedures, and SFP Plan: